Highlights of notifications, circulars and removal of difficulty orders released on 28th and 29th of June 2019.
1) Notification no. 26/2019- Due date for furnishing GSTR 7 for October 2018 to July 2019 is extended to 31-08-2019.
2) Notification no. 27/2019- Due date for furnishing GSTR 1 for registered persons having aggregate turnover upto 1.5 crore in preceding financial year/current year for Quarter July to September 2019 is 31st October 2019.
3) Notification no. 28/2019- Due date for furnishing GSTR 1 for registered persons having aggregate turnover above 1.5 crore in preceding financial year/current year for each of the month from July to September 2019 will be eleventh day of the month succeeding such month.
4) Notification no. 29/2019- Due date for furnishing GSTR 3B for each of the months from July, 2019 to September, 2019 shall be on or before the twentieth day of the month succeeding such month.
5) Notification no. 30/2019- An OIDAR having supply from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered person as the class of registered persons who shall follow the special procedure shall not be required to furnish annual return in Form GSTR 9 u/s44(1) r/w rule 80 and reconciliation statement in form 9C u/s 44(2) r/w rule 80(3)
6) Notification no. 32/2019- Due date for furnishing ITC-04 for July 2017 to June 2019 is extended till 31-08-2019.
7) Circular 102/2019- Clarification on applicability of GST on penal interest and additional/penal interest on delayed payment of EMI
8) Circular 103/2019- Clarification on place of supply in case of services provided by ports and Services rendered on goods temporarily imported in India
9) Circular 104/2019- In case wrong mapping of refund application to tax authorities ,where re assignment is not possible on common portal, the application should be processed by the tax authority to whom the refund application has been electronically transferred by the common portal. After the processing of the refund application is complete, the refund processing authority may inform the common portal about the incorrect mapping with a request to update it suitably on the common portal so that all subsequent refund applications are transferred to the correct jurisdictional tax authority.
10) Circular 105/2019- Clarification on treatment of various types of post sales discounts
11) Order 6/2019- The due date for furnishing annual return GSTR 9, GSTR 9A and GSTR 9C for FY 2017-18 is extended up to 31.8.2019.
12) Notification no. 30/2019- Changes in CGST rules
13) Notification no.10/2019 & 11/2019 (CGST), 11/2019 (IGST) and circular 106/2019- Regarding retail outlets established in departure area of an international airport, beyond the immigration counters, making tax free supply of goods to an outgoing international tourist
Highlights of 35th GST Council Meeting
The 35th GST Council meeting concluded with consensus on the following matters
1. GST annual return due date extended till 31 August 2019 for FY 2017-18
The due date for filing GSTR-9, GSTR-9A, and GSTR-9C for the FY 2017-18 has been extended by two months, till 31 August 2019. Official notification can be made anytime soon.
2. Aadhaar-enabled GST Registration introduced:
In order to ease the current process of GST registration and reduce the paperwork involved, GST Council has given a go-ahead to a new system for verification of taxpayers registering themselves under GST. Aadhaar number shall be linked to the GSTIN while generation.
3. NAA tenure extended by two years
Tenure of National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) was due to end by 30 November 2019. GST Council has further extended this tenure by two years, to enable it to take up all the pending cases. Hence, the authority can take up new cases in future due to rate cut issues, indicating that the GST Council has plans for further rationalisation of GST rates.
4. 10% penalty to apply for any delay in depositing profiteered amount
GST Council has approved a levy of 10% penalty for delay in depositing the profiteered amount by more than 30 days. This is a fair measure that would encourage timely compliance by the taxpayer.
5. E-invoicing to start from January 2020
The new system for raising all the tax invoices on the GST portal has received in-principle approval for implementation from 1 January 2020. This applies to only B2B invoicing. By this system, no separate e-way bill will be required in case of e-invoice. Returns to be framed from these e-invoices. A phased implementation is being worked out.
Earlier, the government had fixed Rs 50 crore as the limit for the applicability of e-invoicing.
6. E-ticketing made mandatory for multiplexes
Among other major decisions, the GST Council approved the electronic ticketing system, for multiplexes, having multi-screens. This will help curb cases of tax evasion and the use of black tickets that have been prevalent.
7. Rate cut decision on electric vehicles, chargers & leasing thereof deferred; Committee to submit its report
The decision to cut GST rates for electric vehicles and electric chargers have been postponed to the next Council meeting. The matter has been referred to the Fitment Committee for checking the feasibility of the rate cut. At present, the GST rates for electric vehicles and electric chargers are 12% and 28% respectively.
Likewise, the valuation rules for goods and services pertaining to solar power generating systems and wind turbines will be placed before the next Fitment Committee. The suggestions made by this Committee will be placed before the next GST Council meeting.
8. Rate cut for lottery put on hold; Matter to be referred before an Attorney General
The previous council meet had not tabled the rate cut matter for lotteries. The 35th GST Council meeting discussed the matter at length and also brought to light two pending cases on this matter before the high court and supreme court respectively. Although the courts had referred the matter back to GST Council, the Council has decided to consult the Attorney General of India.
9. GSTAT to be GST Appellate Tribunal.
The GST council also definitively stated the Goods and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal will be the appellate authority and will adjudicate on appeals arising from central and state tax authorities’ in-house dispute resolution system. The states will decide the number of GSTAT required by them as a result of which there can be two tribunals in a single state.
10. Other Due date extensions
New due date
ITC-04 for July 2017- June 2019
31 August 2019
CMP-02 for opting into the composition scheme for service providers under Notification 2/2019-CT rate
31 July 2019
11. For non-filing of GST returns, E-way bills to be blocked
The law stated that where the GST returns in GSTR-3B/ GSTR-4 is not filed for two consecutive tax periods, e-way bill generation for such taxpayers would be disabled. This will be brought into effect from 21 August 2019, instead of the earlier notified date of 21st June 2019.
28th Mar 2019
The due date for ITC-04 of July 2017-March 2019 is now extended to 30th June 2019.
19th Mar 2019
34th GST Council Meeting was held on 19th Mar 2019.
GST Council members met via video conferencing to discuss and pass the circulars drafted for rate cuts on affordable and non-affordable housing under construction.
24th February 2019
- The 33rd GST council meet was held on 24th February 2019.
- The due date to file GSTR-3B for the month of January 2019 has been extended up to 22nd February 2019*
*subject to notification being issued by CBIC.For the State of Jammu & Kashmir, due date is 28th February 2019.
10th February 2019
The next meeting-33rd GST Council meeting is scheduled to be held on 20th February 2019 via Video Conferencing.
It will be chaired by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. Real estate and export sector to be in limelight.
This will be the first one after the Interim Budget 2019.
10th January 2019
32nd GST Council meeting was held at New Delhi and chaired by Shri Arun Jaitley. Announcements made was a big relief to MSMEs and small traders.
The key takeaways of the 32nd GST Council meeting are as follows:
- Increase in GST registration limit from Rs 20 lakhs up to Rs 40 lakhs for suppliers of goods.
- Changes in the existing composition scheme made by increasing the turnover limit to join the scheme up to Rs 1.5 crores, tax payments to be made quarterly and returns to be filed annually starting 1st April 2019.
- New composition scheme is introduced for service providers and those who supply services along with goods; the Turnover limit set is Rs 50 lakhs and the Tax rate is fixed at 6%.
- No rate cuts were announced this time. GoMs were formed to study taxation of under-construction properties & lotteries.
- Calamity cess up to 1% for up to 2 years will be charged for supplies made within the State of Kerala.
22nd December 2018
31st GST Council meeting was held on 22nd December 2018; Some rate cuts, Decisions to extend filing of GSTR-9,9A and 9C upto 30th June 2019, New return filing to be made applicable on trial basis from 1st April 2019 and many more were announced.
8th December 2018
CBIC extends due date for filing GSTR-9, GSTR-9A and GSTR-9C from 31st December 2018 till 31st March 2019 for FY 2017-18.
8th December 2018
Next 31st GST Council meeting to be held on 22nd December 2018 at Delhi.
26th Oct 2018 :
- Due date of GST ITC-04 for the period of July 2017 to September 2018 extended till 31 December 2018.
- Taxpayers whose registration has been cancelled by the proper officer on or before September 30, 2018, shall be required to furnish the final return in Form GSTR-10 till December 31, 2018.
21st Oct 2018 :
Due date to reconcile and file the amended GST data for FY 2017-18 in GSTR-3b for September 2018 & claim accurate ITC now extended to 25 October 2018.
28th Sep 2018 :
30th GST Council Meet held on 28th September 2018 (Friday) through video conferencing.
13th Sep 2018 :
- TDS & TCSprovisions will be effective from 1st Oct 2018.
- Form GSTR-9C released. Due date of filing GSTR -9C yet to be notified.
10th Sept 2018:
- Extension of Due date for GSTR-3B only for newly migrated taxpayersfor months July 2017 to Nov 2018 till 31st December 2018. The due dates remain unchanged for rest of the taxpayers.
- Extension of Due date for GSTR-1in case of taxpayers with turnover above Rs 1.5 crores in previous FY or Current FY
- Regular taxpayers : for months from July 2017 to September 2018 extended till the 31st October 2018.
- Newly migrated taxpayers : for months from July 2017 to November 2018 extended till the 31st December 2018.
- Extension of Due date for GSTR-1in case of taxpayers with turnover upto Rs 1.5 crores in previous FY or Current FY
- Newly migrated taxpayers : For all quarters from July 2017 to September 2018 extended till 31st December 2018.
- For flood-affected regions of Kodagu, Mahe and Kerala : Above table of dates remain the same except for quarter July 2018 to September 2018 extended till 15th November 2018.
- Due date of TRAN-1 and TRAN-2 is extended for certain taxpayers who could not complete filing due to tech glitch,to 31st March 2019 and 30th April 2019 respectively.
4th Sep 2018 :
- Taxpayers who filed GST CMP-04 for opting out of the composite scheme between 2nd March 2018 to 31st March 2018 can declare their ITC claim in Form GST ITC -01 till 3rd of October 2018.
- Time limit to file Form GST ITC-04 for the period from July 2017 to June 2018 has been extended till 30th September 2018.
- CBIC released formats of GSTR -9 & GSTR -9A.
- GST council waives the late fees for the following :
- Taxpayers whose GSTR -3B for the month of October 2017 was submitted but not filed on the common portal.
- Taxpayers whose GSTR -4 was filed for the period of October to December 2017 within due date but late fees were mistakenly charged.
- Input service distributors who paid late fees for GSTR-6 for any tax period between 1st Jan 2018 to 23rd Jan 2018.
21st Aug 2018:
Due date for filing GSTR – 3B for July 2018 has been extended to 24th August 2018.
6th Aug 2018:
Reverse Charge Mechanism (in case of supplies made by unregistered persons to registered persons), TDS and TCS provisions under GST deferred till 30th Sept 2019.
4th Aug 2018:
29th GST Council Meet was held at New Delhi. Incentives on Digital payments got a green flag. Committee to be formed for addressing MSME woes.
30th Jul 2018:
Know the highlights of Proposed changes to GST return filing.
30th Jul 2018:
Due date of GSTR-6 filing extended for months from July 2017 to August 2018 is 3oth September 2018.
by admin on July 30, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Even as GST roll out completed two years, no process of system-validated input tax credit (ITC) system through invoice matching has been put in place, a CAG report on GST said...
by admin on July 27, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman held GST Council meeting through video conferencing at Ministry of Finance in the national capital today. Minister of State (Finance) Anurag Thakur was also present at the meet...
by admin on July 24, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council, at its 36th meeting on Thursday, is likely to reduce the tax rate on electric vehicles, ease tax issues for the solar sector and deliberate on the tax rate on lotteries...
by admin on July 22, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The GST Council, chaired by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, will meet on July 25 and decide on lowering tax rates for electric vehicles, officials said...
by admin on July 22, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Earlier, the maintenance charges in excess of ₹5,000 attracted GST and the limit was revised in excess of ₹7,500 effective from January 25, 2018...
by admin on July 19, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The Directorate General of GST Intelligence (DGGSTI), an arm of the indirect tax administration, has unearthed a racket involving 90 firms which issue fake invoices to errant companies for tax evasion, the agency said on Friday...
by admin on July 18, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Thursday said seven legislations under indirect taxation are being amended to ensure greater simplicity, as she moved the Finance Bill in the Lok Sabha...
by admin on July 17, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Given the federal structure of our country, we were compelled to introduce a dual GST where the central and state governments have equal right to levy GST on supply of taxable goods and/or services on intra-state transactions...
by admin on July 15, 2019 at 12:13 pm
GST collection of states, union territories increased to Rs 5.18 lakh crore in FY19, says Nirmala Sitharaman...
by admin on July 11, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Total number of entities filing GST returns has seen steady declined in the last four months for which data is available. Between February and May this year, the number of entities filing GST return has declined by almost 8 lakh, which is nearly 10% of the total GST return filed in the country...
by admin on July 10, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The Delhi government has cancelled the GST registration of 1,282 traders who were found to be involved in the issuance of fake invoices. In addition, “show cause notices for cancellation have been issued to 3,221 dealers, of which proceedings are still underway,” a government statement said on Wednesday...
by admin on July 09, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Seeking a temporary reduction in GST rates for passenger vehicles to perk up the demand, which has been on a downward trajectory for quite some time now, Mahindra & Mahindra Managing Director Pawan Goenka said on Friday that the move will keep the demand cycle going...
by admin on July 08, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The Union government rationalised its expectations for tax revenue collection in FY20 while presenting the Budget. Instead of the projected collections in the interim budget of Rs 25.52 trillion, the budget on Friday pegged the government’s gross tax revenues at Rs 24.62 trillion...
by admin on July 05, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The government has recommended reducing the GST rate on electric vehicles under the Union Budget 2019, from the current 12 per cent to five per cent, while also offering an additional income tax on loans taken to purchase EVs...
by admin on July 03, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The Finance Ministry Wednesday said any mismatch in GST monthly sales return and outward supply details will have to be reported in annual return form and due taxes should be paid...
by admin on July 01, 2019 at 12:13 pm
GSTcollections for June dipped marginally below target with receipts at ₹99,936 crore. The sluggish momentum in tax collection growth is partly due to the cuts in tax rates
by admin on June 30, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Dubbing the new system as GST-2, Sushil Modi said the GST council has decided that the new filing system would be launched from October 1 this year...
by admin on June 28, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The Finance Ministry on Friday said the additional discount given by a company to a dealer in certain cases will be liable to Goods & Services Tax (GST)...
by admin on June 26, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The revenue department has come out with a plan to audit accounts of GST registered businesses based on risk parameters, which may include history of tax evasion, irregular filing of returns and employing "questionable accountants"...
by admin on June 25, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Finance Commission Chairman N K Singh said the panel had requested the Finance Minister, who is the Chairman of the GST council, regarding this, and has received a favourable response...
by admin on June 24, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Logo Infosoft, the Indian arm of South Eastern Europe's leading software vendor Logo, expect India to become their largest market in the next 2-3 years riding on a projected boom for Goods and Services Tax (GST) management solution market, a top company official said...
by admin on June 22, 2019 at 12:13 pm
In a major relief to trade and businesses, the GST Council, in its first meeting after the PM Narendra Modi government came back to power, extended the cut-off date for filing annual returns, by two months, to August 2019...
by admin on June 21, 2019 at 12:13 pm
India has extended the anti-profiteering framework under the goods and services tax (GST) by another two years while also making the rules more stringent to ensure companies pass on the benefit of lower taxes to consumers...
by admin on June 20, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is all set to chair her first meeting of the GST council on Friday. The newly appointed finance minister will preside over a ...
by admin on June 11, 2019 at 12:13 pm
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council in its first meeting under the new chairman, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, on June 20 will consider the introduction of an electronic invoicing mechanism for large companies on a voluntary basis, with an aim to capture transactions on a real-time basis.
GST Rate and Applicability on Medicines and Medical Supplies
by admin on August 13, 2019 at 1:00 pm
GST Helpline India BlogGST Rate and Applicability on Medicines and Medical Supplies GST (Goods & Services Tax) regime was introduced in India in July 2017 to become the single indirect tax on the supply of goods and services. Under GST, various medical supplies and medicines are taxed according to the different rate segments, as illustrated below. While the most crucial medical supplies such as human blood have … Continue reading "GST Rate and Applicability on Medicines and Medical Supplies" The post GST Rate and Applicability on Medicines and Medical Supplies appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
Form GST CMP 08 – Due Date, Penalty & Filing Procedure
by admin on August 7, 2019 at 11:45 am
GST Helpline India BlogForm GST CMP 08 – Due Date, Penalty & Filing Procedure CMP-08 is a GST return filing which was introduced in April 2019 to be effective from FY 2019-2020 onwards and applicable for composition dealers. It replaces the ongoing GSTR-4 quarterly form which is filed by composition dealers on a quarterly basis. In this article, you can read the complete information about the new Form GST … Continue reading "Form GST CMP 08 – Due Date, Penalty & Filing Procedure" The post Form GST CMP 08 – Due Date, Penalty & Filing Procedure appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
GST Rate on Electric Vehicles and Accessories in India
by admin on August 1, 2019 at 7:48 am
GST Helpline India BlogGST Rate on Electric Vehicles and Accessories in India Government is putting an all-out effort towards the wide- adoption of Electric Mobility and the manufacturers had been behesting for slashing down the GST on electric vehicles. To boost the demands of EVs and to make it affordable, the government has been going the extra mile constantly. And the seamless efforts of government nailed down … Continue reading "GST Rate on Electric Vehicles and Accessories in India" The post GST Rate on Electric Vehicles and Accessories in India appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
18% GST Rate on Housing Society Maintenance Charges
by admin on July 29, 2019 at 7:39 am
GST Helpline India Blog18% GST Rate on Housing Society Maintenance Charges Goods and Service Tax (GST) on the security deposit payable by the tenant is undergoing a change which may get some good news for tenants. Simultaneously, alteration in GST for the homeowner may invite onus for the flat holder. Now flat/homeowners will be required to pay 18% GST rate on society maintenance if they contribute … Continue reading "18% GST Rate on Housing Society Maintenance Charges" The post 18% GST Rate on Housing Society Maintenance Charges appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
GST Rate & HSN Code for Leather and Leather Products
by admin on July 18, 2019 at 11:55 am
GST Helpline India BlogGST Rate & HSN Code for Leather and Leather Products In India, 1st July 2017 marked the beginning of the GST regime. The onset of GST era fixed different rate slabs for different goods and services under which the GST has to be applied. In the GST Council Meeting which took place on 18th May 2017, the tax rate for leather and leather products was … Continue reading "GST Rate & HSN Code for Leather and Leather Products" The post GST Rate & HSN Code for Leather and Leather Products appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
Best GST Billing Software for All Your Taxation Needs (Get Free Demo)
by admin on July 10, 2019 at 1:03 pm
GST Helpline India BlogBest GST Billing Software for All Your Taxation Needs (Get Free Demo) Gen GST is the best and ultra-secure GST software created by SAG Infotech Pvt Ltd to simplify and accelerate the taxation procedures such as return filing, invoice generation, ITC claims and so on. Gen GST software comes in three variants – Desktop offline and mobile & cloud online variants. One can easily download and use … Continue reading "Best GST Billing Software for All Your Taxation Needs (Get Free Demo)" The post Best GST Billing Software for All Your Taxation Needs (Get Free Demo) appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
Everything About GST Rate on Petrol and Diesel in India
by admin on July 4, 2019 at 10:53 am
GST Helpline India BlogEverything About GST Rate on Petrol and Diesel in India GST on Petrol and Diesel is a cold-sweat issue for Central and State Government. None of the two seem to desire to include Petrol and Diesel in the GST ambit. GST regime was rolled in with the objective of “One Nation One Tax “ in July 2017. At that time five petroleum products— diesel, petrol, … Continue reading "Everything About GST Rate on Petrol and Diesel in India" The post Everything About GST Rate on Petrol and Diesel in India appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
GST Rates for Paper Products in India [Complete Updated List]
by admin on June 27, 2019 at 7:47 am
GST Helpline India BlogGST Rates for Paper Products in India [Complete Updated List] The Goods and Services Tax (GST) system which was launched in India in July 2017 is an indirect tax system which covers a range of goods and services being supplied within and from India. GST is a consumption-based tax and is applicable to the supply of goods/services at each stage of the supply chain. Paper … Continue reading "GST Rates for Paper Products in India [Complete Updated List]" The post GST Rates for Paper Products in India [Complete Updated List] appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
Everything About GST Rate on Directors Remuneration (Income)
by admin on June 19, 2019 at 12:56 pm
GST Helpline India BlogEverything About GST Rate on Directors Remuneration (Income) This article presents details about GST on directors remuneration, GST on sitting fees, commission and so on. Sections and Notifications for Tax Applicability Under section 9(3) of CGST Act & section 5(3) of IGST Act, the government has the authority to notify the levy of GST on RCM basis on goods and services. According to … Continue reading "Everything About GST Rate on Directors Remuneration (Income)" The post Everything About GST Rate on Directors Remuneration (Income) appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
Applicability of GST on Under Construction Flats in India
by admin on June 13, 2019 at 12:40 pm
GST Helpline India BlogApplicability of GST on Under Construction Flats in India The government has recently revised GST applicability and rates on both under-construction properties and ready-to-move-in flats. The new rates will be applicable from April 1, 2019. GST (Goods & Services Tax) is an indirect tax system which was implemented in India on 1st July 2017 thereby replacing all the existing indirect taxes on the supply … Continue reading "Applicability of GST on Under Construction Flats in India" The post Applicability of GST on Under Construction Flats in India appeared first on GST Helpline India Blog. […]
WeP Digital Services Ltd is a Bengaluru-based digital financial service provider that provides digital solutions and optimises personalised financial platforms of the future. Unique to India and global in application, the company’s innovative open API’s facilitate cashless, paperless and innovative digital solutions for SME’s, Fortune 500 companies across industries. Built to scale, our versatile software helps businesses become GST compliant, covering GST taxation with end-to-end deployment & management. Hosted on cloud-based Microsoft Azure connected platform, with seamless integration to existing software, automatic data upload and import, the GST software facilitates easy collaboration between client and accountant.
As one of Bangalore’s top digital solutions company, Web Digital offers solutions to facilitate Smart Content Collaboration and Process Automation for Enterprises. On premise & Cloud-based secure, data-compliant document storage, with automated workflow and user collaboration on a single. Track your documents, digitise them, track communication, ensure data compliance and secure digital assets with adequate disaster recovery management.
WeP Digital is also provides company secretarial automation software known as WeP BLISS. WeP BLISS is a cloud hosted software for corporate secretarial team that automates secretarial work and serves as an E-Repository for secretarial records.